One is taken as the loneliest number while 2 is bit better, but cooking healthy dinner recipes for 2 is also difficult. Whether you are living with bestie, you sharing food with your roommate, preparing dinner for 2 is a difficult task that ends with food fatigue and leftovers.
Luckily, the recipes mentioned here are just perfect as “healthy dinner recipes for 2”. It means while you are living with some, you can try out these in your dinner and the leftover is just enough for the next lunch and not more than that.
Table of Contents
Best and Healthy Dinner Recipes For 2
Recipe 1: Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry for Two
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 2 tbsps reduced-sodium chicken broth or white wine
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 pound beef strips top sirloin steak
- 3/4 tsp of divided olive oil
- 1 large sliced carrot
- 1/2 small halved onion, sliced
- 1 small julienned green pepper
- 1/3 cup pineapple tidbits, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup of fresh snow peas
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- Take a small bowl and mix first 5 ingredients. Now put this ⅓ cup of marinade in a resealable bag and add beef in it. Seal the plastic bag and shake it well for coating; now for 30 minutes refrigerate it. Put the remaining marinade in refrigerator.
- Combine the cornstarch in a small bowl and keep it aside until gets smooth.
- Now drain and discard the marinade. Stir-fry the beef for 3 minutes in a large non-stick wok or skillet by adding ½ tsp oil. Use the slotted spoon to remove it and keep it warm.
- In the remaining oil, stir-fry the onion and carrots for about 3-4 minutes. Add snow peas and green pepper; stir-fry for few minutes until vegetables become crisp-tender.
- Take the cornstarch mixture and pour it into the pan. Boil it and cook it until gets thickened. Add pineapple and beef and heat it. Serve it with cooked rice.
Recipe 2: Easy 20-minutes Teriyaki chicken broccoli
The time required: 20 minutes
- 4 cups of fresh broccoli
- 1 large skinless boneless chicken breast, 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
For the sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsps rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and keep it aside.
- Add water in a medium pot and boil it. Add broccoli in it. For 5 minutes, blanch the broccoli and after that transfer the broccoli immediately to an ice bath to remove the heat from it. Set it aside.
- Take a skillet, add chicken and make it brown from both sides over medium-high flame in vegetable oil. Drain the excess water from broccoli and add it in chicken, slow down the heat to medium.
- Serve over rice. Now pour the sauce and make it thick for 5 minutes. Now toss the ingredients in the sauce and coat everything well in it. Serve it!