I’m presenting two of my favorite Best Easy Chicken And Rice Casserole Recipes Healthy Try At Home with canned chicken to freeze for a crowd.
No one who hates the combo of rice and chicken, right?! I am presenting two of my favorite chicken and rice casserole recipes that I love to make again and again. For these recipes, just like any other casserole, for pre-cooking the chicken I always use a skillet, a pot for cooking rice and for baking the casserole I used a baking dish.
Whoa-whoa, it’s the year 2018! You can prepare much better chicken and rice casserole recipes without using the canned soup available in stores and amazingly in only ONE POT. I have mentioned two of my favorite healthy and crunchy chicken and rice casserole recipes that will turn out to be a staple diet in your home.
Table of Contents
Recipe 1: Crunchy chicken and Rice Casserole – Chicken And Rice Casserole Recipes
You will fall in love with this chicken and rice casserole recipe as it’s a delicious combo of crunchy and hearty ingredients mixed in a creamy textured sauce.
- 4 cups of cooked white rice or a combo of white and wild rice
- 1 can (around 8 ounces) sliced and drained water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup of slivered almonds
- 4 cups finely diced and cooked chicken
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 package (contains 10 ounces) thawed, frozen peas,
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 can (about 10-3/4 ounces) condensed and undiluted cream of the celery soup
- 3/4 cup of chopped celery
- 1 can (about 10-3/4 ounces) condensed and undiluted cream of the chicken soup
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps of lemon juice
- 2 cups of crushed potato chips
How to make it
Step 1: Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. At 350°, preheat your oven. Take a baking dish of 13×9-in. and greased it. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and then combine soups, salt, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Coat this mixture on chicken by tossing it.
Step 2: Sprinkle with paprika and potato chips. Bake it for about 1 hour or till heated through well.
Recipe 2: Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole – Chicken And Rice Casserole Recipes
This is another best selection from the easiest chicken and rice casserole recipes! Try it and you will love it!
- 1 can of condensed cream of the Chicken Soup
- 2 cups of mixed frozen vegetables (green beans, carrots, peas, corn)
- ¾ cup uncooked white rice
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- 1 ¼ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 ⅓ cups of water
- ½ cup of shredded Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
How to make it
Step 1: At 375°F, preheat your oven. Now stir the black pepper, soup, onion powder, water, vegetables, rice and water and pour it in a baking dish of size 11 x 8 x 2-inch
Step 2: Pour the chicken mixture on top of rice and then cover the dish.
Step 3: Bake it for about 50 minutes or until the chicken is done and rice gets tender. Sprinkle cheese on the top. Allow the casserole to set down for about 10 minutes. Before serving, stir the rice gently.