Without any doubt, well-made gravy is the world’s top comforting thing ever. If you don’t know how to make gravy from scratch, then take a look at the content below. Not the things that are available in glugy tetra packs or tins in the market, but the thing that will soak up all the juices in the pan from the perfect roast, cascades over and thickens your potatoes roast to make something special gloriously. Have you ever seen how your grandma used to make gravy in the pan? That gravy is like a warm hug for tummy and its full of delicious flavors that outshines the presence of roast itself. If your question is, how to make gravy from scratch, then treat yourself with this answer given below in form of easy gravy recipes. Try these recipes in your dinner or lunch and please your loved ones! There is no rocket science behind making perfect pan gravy, you just need to concentrate on the number of ingredients and you are good to go!
What utensils you’ll need:
- wooden spoon
- roasting pan
- sieve jug
- 1½ tbsps plain flour
- the roasting pan containing juices of the leftover roast (we mostly used chicken)
- White wine or splash apple cider vinegar
- pepper and salt, to season
- 2 cups of the chicken stock (the homemade chicken stock is best, or a good quality variety of store tin can be used)
- Set the stove to medium heat and place a roasting pan over it, now add pan juices directly in it.
- Now add flour in it and cook it gently for 2 minutes or until it starts bubbling. Use a wooden spoon for stirring. Add a splash of white wine or vinegar and continue stirring until it starts boiling.
- Add stock in it and rapidly simmer it for 5 minutes or till the time the gravy sauce starts to thicken. Use a fine sieve to strain the gravy in a jug for removing any lumps.
Another basic and simple gravy recipe, the gravy flavor is based on broth used.
- 2 1⁄2 cups of turkey broth
- 4 tbsps of butter
- 1⁄2 tsp of salt
- 4 tbsps of flour
- 1⁄2 tsp of pepper
- Place pan on the stove and adjust the heat to medium.
- Now add flour in the pan containing melted butter, and stir it for 2 minutes constantly until the mixture turns light brown (don’t burn it)
- Now in this mixture, add pepper, salt, and broth and stir it for an additional 3 minutes or until the sauce gets thicker.
- Now your gravy is ready, transfer it from pan to the serving bowl.
- Serve it with rice and enjoy it with your family.
Now, I hope you learn how to make gravy from scratch perfectly. It’s time to follow these recipes now!