Boneless turkey breast is a very delicious alternative to chicken, and it makes a great substitute when you do not have time to cook an entire turkey. Turkey breasts have usually weight between two and ten pounds, providing them plenty of meat for a crowd. These are easiest methods, how long to cook a turkey breast in the oven or with a slow cooker. The turkey’s tender white meat makes the great base for any type of seasoning mix.
Buying and prepping the best turkey breast
Turkey boneless breast can be bought fresh or frozen by the pound. Turkey boneless breasts are much larger than chicken breasts, so you will want to factor that in when you are deciding how much to buy. A serving size of turkey boneless breast comes out to 1/4 to 1/2 pound per person. Since cooked turkey Boneless breast keeps well in the refrigerator, you may want to buy extra so you will have leftovers for sandwiches.
- If you are buying fresh turkey boneless breast, look for tender pink breasts with no spots of the discoloration. If you are buying a fresh turkey that comes prepackaged, make sure to use or freeze it before the expiration date.
- Choose frozen turkey boneless breast with no signs of freezer burn. Uncooked turkey breast can be kept in the freezer for up to the nine months. Before buying the turkey Boneless breast, you should know how long to cook a turkey breast in the oven or in a slow cooker.
Cooking Boneless Turkey Breast in an Oven
How long to cook a turkey breast in the microwave oven? It requires approximately 25 minutes cooking time per pound when turkey breast roasted at 325 °F (163 °C).
- For a smaller four to six-pound turkey breast, set aside between 90 and 150minutes. For a larger six to eight-pound turkey breast, set aside between 150 and 210minutes.
- If you are cooking at an altitude of 5,000 or more feet, you will need to add five to ten extra minutes of cooking time per pound.
- Spray an oven-safe roasting pan with non-stick spray or vegetable oil to prevent the turkey boneless breast from sticking to it. Place the turkey boneless breast in the roasting pan skin-side up. Roast the turkey boneless breast until the internal temperature is 155 °F (68 °C) as measured by the meat thermometer. Cooking the turkey boneless breast a lower heat (325°F) helps make sure that the breast does not dry out.
- If you want to make sure the boneless breast stays moist, you can baste the top of the boneless breast periodically throughout to the cooking process. Use either a large spoon or a turkey baster to pour the pan liquid over the surface of the boneless breast.
- For the crispy skin, turn on your broiler and broil up to five minutes after it has been brought up to an internal temperature of 155 °F (68 °C).
- Cover the turkey boneless breast with foil and let it rest on a countertop for several minutes. During this time, juices from the turkey boneless breast will reabsorb into the meat. Skipping this step will result in drier meat
Cooking Boneless Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker
Since a slow cooker operates at a much lower temperature than the microwave oven, it takes much longer for the turkey boneless breast to reach an internal temperature of 155 °F (68 °C). how long to cook a turkey breast in the cooker? When you cook breast in the cooker you should enable you to turn it on and forget about it for the several hours as you go about your day.
- Using the low setting, a smaller four to six-pound turkey boneless breast will take five to six hours to cook in the slow cooker. A larger six to the ten-pound breast will require eight to nine hours to cook in the slow cooker.