If you are looking for some 5 new Cheap Easy Meals On A Budget – Ingredients And Methods For Picky eater or your family, then you have come to the right place.
Food is one of the largest expenses of a family can have each month, which is why I am a big believer in and lover of the weekly meal plans.
If you want recipes that are very budget friendly and delicious, do not worry, it is possible! The recipes included in this budget recipe roundup are easily affordable, easy, and you may already have many of the ingredients in your home! I have all these recipes in my current meal plan, and I am excited to make all of them.
Table of Contents
Simple French onion potato bake – Cheap Easy Meals On A Budget
With only four ingredients to turn the humble spud into something truly delicious and very cheap easy meals on a budget, this potato bake recipe must be a winning season. Layers of potatoes, onion and creamy make this hearty side which can easily be a main meal with the addition of the crisp, green salad.
- 2kg potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly.
- 1 pkt French onion soup mix.
- 600ml pouring cream.
- In a large baking dish layer of onions, potatoes and soup mix in that order, until all ingredients are used ending with the potatoes as the last layer.
- Pour the cream evenly across the dish.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 50 mins at 180ºC.
Budget fettuccine Alfredo recipe – Cheap Easy Meals On A Budget
All you need is a few simple ingredients to make this glorified macaroni cheese for “cheap easy meals on a budget” for weeknight dinner. Add some parsley from the garden and it is a little bit fancy.
- 2 tbs butter.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 3/4 cup cream.
- 2 egg yolks.
- 1 cup cheese.
- 2 tbs parsley.
- 300 g fettuccini.
- Put a large pot of the salted water on to boil and cook the pasta as per the packet instructions, while you are making the sauce.
- Put the butter in the large deep-frying pan and melt it. Add the crushed garlic and cook it until it is sizzling.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cream and the egg yolks together, then add them to the pan. Cook it on low, let it thicken a little but do not boil it. Keep stirring it so the egg does not scramble on the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the heat. If the pasta is ready, drain it and reserve some of cooking liquid. Add the hot and spicy pasta to the pan and toss through.
- While it is all still hot, add the grated cheese and toss it until the cheese had melted into the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and season generously with the salt and pepper to serve.
BBQ hoisin and honey chicken
Here is an easy Asian-style chicken dish that is kid-friendly and a breeze to prepare. Even better, you can cook it on the barbecue (BBQ) for that delicious char-grilled flavor, and any leftovers will make great lunch box fillers the next day. This dish is very cheap easy meals on a budget and much more delicious and tastier.
- 3 chicken breasts.
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce.
- 1/4 cup honey.
- Combine the hoisin and honey.
- Coat chicken in marinade and leave for a minimum of the 30 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue (BBQ) or grill pan. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side until just cooked through.